The story of PKM

Gartneriet PKM A/S was founded by Poul and Marie Madsen in 1948, where they took over a nursery with 5 small green houses of 1.500 square metres located in Søhus. The nursery expanded, especially when Poul Madsen in late 1950's specialized in pot plants. Around 1960 PKM started up the production of Campanula, Schlumbergera and Rhipsalidopsis. In 1980 the range of products expanded with Pinus Pinea - the small Christmas trees - sold in pots with decoration and snow. In 1983 Poul Madsen and his son Kristian established 'Poul & Kristian Madsen's Gartneri ApS' which Kristian took over in 1989. In 2005 we stopped the production of Pinus Pinea and expanded our product assortment with the popular Helleborus. In 2017, the succesion to the 3rd generation was completed, so that son Poul Madsen has now become co-owner of the PKM Group.
In 2007/2008 and 2010 PKM made it's largest investment to date. For the sum of 100 million DKK, we increased our greenhousearea by approx. 50.000 square metres, to meet the demands of the popular Campanula-variety GET MEE®. PKM's Campanula-cuttings are produced in Poland, and in 2007 we established a joint venture project in Kenya in 2007 with a Kenyan partner. The nursery cover 190.000 square metres of greenhouse areal, and an outdoor area of 40.000 square metres. 200 skillful employees produce approximately 20 million pot plants, of which approximately 90% is exported to the European market. PKM's main crops are Campanula, Schlumbergera, Rhipsalidopsis and Helleborus.